The pavilions on the edge of the field between Villa Mirabello and Mirabellino are the only structures left of the former racecourse, which was demolished in the last decade of the 20th century. It has been recently replaced by a row of hornbeams that connects the two villas.
Inaugurated in 1924 according to the project of the architect Paolo Vietti Violi, the horse racecourse of Monza Park had two tracks, one 1,800 metres and the other 2,200 metres long, with a pair of 1,500-place stands.
After many competitions, which were attended in the first twenty years of the century by the upper class of Milan that loved worldly events, the last Grande Cross Country of Monza took place in 1976.
Only two pavilions with pitched roofs and visible trusses, which covered the stands for the public of races and horse events, are what is left of the old structure. This was demolished in the last decade of the 20th century after a fire.
The structures have cast-iron mullions with floral ornaments and are characterized by the modernist architecture style of the beginning of the 20th century. They have been partially recovered by the Comune di Monza and Consorzio Reggia di Monza.